Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Homemade (Semi) Spaghetti

Can you boil water? Can you brown beef?

Perfect. You can make this spaghetti.

Growing up, I was always requesting my dad's and my grandmother's "homemade" spaghetti. I thought it was so delicious, with all the seasoning and right flavors and the great taste of the beef.

Well, they definitely had me fooled. This dish takes 5 ingredients. And technically, does a packet of spaghetti seasoning count?

No? Well, here it is. The "famous homemade" spaghetti.

Tastes like it has been simmering all day, in only 15 minutes.

1 packet "Thick & Zesty" Spaghetti seasoning (you don't even have to go name brand here, Kroger works great)
1 pound ground beef (you can substitute any thing - ground pork, turkey, chuck, etc)
1 6 oz can tomato paste
2 1/2 cups water

Brown beef. Drain. Stir in water, seasoning, and tomato paste. Cover, simmer for 15 minutes.
While it is simmering, cook your pasta of choice. For this particular evening, I used thin spaghetti.

Drain pasta.

Pile pasta on plate, top with sauce.

Throw on some grated parm if you please.

The end. You will love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment